Important Dates for IGES 2015 Abstract Submissions
April 6, 2015: Call for abstracts opens
May 1, 2015: Deadline for early abstract acceptance notification for those requiring VISA documentation
May 7, 2015: Review for early abstract, notification will quickly follow
June 18, 2015: General abstract submission deadline (extension not possible)
July 6, 2015: Notification of abstract acceptance and type of presentation
Abstracts on the following topics are particularly welcome!
- Big health data opportunities and challenges: statistical and computational solutions
- Cross-Consortia and Mega-Cohorts: Ongoing and future directions
- New study designs, methods and applications in Genetic Epidemiology
- Omics data integration
- Exposomics: lifestyle, chemical, physical and social exposures
- Old methods, new twists: Segregation, heritability, linkage and more!
- Translational genetic epidemiology & population health genomics
Submit an abstract CLOSED
Please read the instructions below before submitting an abstract
- After clicking on the “Submit an Abstract” link above, you will be redirected to the IGES login page. If you already have an account, login with these credentials. If you have never logged into the website, register and complete all information requested. Be sure to make a record of your username and password. You will need this information to re-access your submitted abstract. It is important to enter ALL information when setting up your account in the event there are any questions about your submission. If you already have an account on the website, please review your profile to be sure all information is up to date.
- Once you have set up an account, you will be redirected to the abstract submission page (Figure). Enter title and body of your abstract, limit of 1500 characters, excluding spaces. You may cut and paste into the box. DO NOT add authors in this box. Be sure that any unusual characters are accurate.
- Select whether you would like your abstract to be considered for a poster presentation and/or an oral presentation, and whether your abstract qualifies for the Neel Award (post-doctoral candidate is within 5 years of completing doctoral degree at the time of the annual meeting) or Williams Award (candidate is a current PhD student). Please select at least 1 answer for each of these options.
- Add authors and affiliations for the abstract (an unlimited number of authors can be added). If you would like to enter more than one affiliation for an author, use multiple author spaces for this author, each with its own affiliation. When you view your published abstract, authors will not appear, but will be downloaded by administration and placed in the proper position when the abstract is prepared for publication.
- On the right, select at least 1 and up to 5 subject categories for your abstract.
- Once you have completed your submission, click on “Submit for Review”. You will NOT get a confirmation message, but you will know that your abstract was submitted successfully if you are able to view the abstract from the MY ABSTRACTS tab on the left side menu.
- If you are finished, you may exit the website. If you would like to submit more than one abstract, after you have published your first abstract, click on the “Post New Abstract” menu item on the left and proceed as above.
- If you would like to edit any of your published abstracts (before the submission deadline), you may do so by following the steps above to access “My Abstracts”. You will see all abstracts you have submitted. To edit, click on the “Edit” button below the title. If you want to withdraw your abstract, choose “Delete”.
Special Note: You will NOT receive a submission number for your abstract. Abstracts are numbered internally in the program for identification. Once the abstracts have been reviewed by the Program Committee and accepted, you will be notified of your abstract number as well as whether you will be a platform or poster presenter.
For questions or assistance please send an email to: IGES@geneticepi.org