Become a member of the International Genetic Epidemiology Society (IGES) and join a collaborative international community of leaders in genetics, epidemiology, statistics, biology and related biomedical disciplines, all with a keen interest in and intense enthusiasm for solving complex scientific problems in genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics. Join IGES and stay up to date on leading study designs and methodological developments for novel “omics” data.
Please be aware that registration for the annual meeting every year DOES NOT include Society annual membership.
If you cannot remember whether or not you have renewed your current membership, please feel free to ask us to check your membership status by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 IGES membership registration/renewal is NOT YET OPEN!
We had hoped to open 2018 membership registration by mid-November 2017, but this has been delayed as we transition over to a new membership registration system. We now hope to open 2018 membership registration in early 2018.
Rates for 2018 membership will be:
- Regular member US$130, if paid by March 1, 2018 (early-bird)
- Regular member US$155 if paid on or after March 2, 2018
- Student and Post-Doctoral Fellow* member with online access to Journal US$68, rate continues all year but please aim to pay by March 1, 2018
- Student and Post-Doctoral Fellow* member without online access to Journal US$25, rate continues all year but please aim to pay by March 1, 2018
- NEW! Low- or Lower-middle-income country* member with online access to Journal US$68; without online access to Journal US$25
Eligibility for “Post-Doctoral Fellow” Fees:
Must be working as a post-doctoral fellow and be within five years of PhD completion at the time of joining/renewal. Status must be confirmed by the post-doctoral fellow’s primary supervisor by emailing email@example.com.
Eligibility for “Student” Fees:
Must be enrolled in a bachelor, master or PhD program at the time of joining/renewal. Status must be confirmed by the registrant’s primary supervisor or university officials by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility for “Low- or Lower-middle-income country” Fees:
Must be based in a country that is classified as a Low- or Lower-middle-income country according to the World Bank list
As a member, you…
- Receive complimentary on-line access to Genetic Epidemiology (the offical IGES journal)
- To receive by email the regular electronic table of contents for each issue, follow the instructions on the journal homepage
- Print copies of the Genetic Epidemiology Journal are available to IGES members only, at an additional $96 for one year of issues ($12/issue, with 8 issues per year)
- Post announcements and job adverts on the IGES website at no cost
- Attend annual IGES scientific meetings at reduced cost
- Interact with scientific peers worldwide
- Learn about the latest methodological developments, software, and research findings in genetic epidemiology
- Help the society promote the field of genetic epidemiology internationally
- Travel expenses to the annual IGES meeting for worthy students in financial need
- Continuing education and outreach to the scientific community about the discipline, analytical methods, and software used in genetic epidemiology through workshops and classes
- Subsidies for student subscriptions to the journal Genetic Epidemiology