Become a member of the International Genetic Epidemiology Society (IGES) and join a collaborative international community of leaders in genetics, epidemiology, statistics, biology and related biomedical disciplines, all with a keen interest in and intense enthusiasm for solving complex scientific problems in genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics. Join IGES and stay up to date on leading study designs and methodological developments for novel “omics” data.
As a member, you…
- Receive this calendar year’s subscription to Genetic Epidemiology (the offical IGES journal) at the lowest cost anywhere!
- Attend annual IGES scientific meetings at reduced cost
- Interact with scientific peers worldwide
- Learn about the latest methodolgical developments, software, and research findings in genetic epidemiology
- Help the society promote the field of genetic epidemiology internationally
- The James V. Neel and Roger Williams Awards ($1000 each to the best IGES presentation by a student and a young scientist)
- Travel expenses to the annual IGES meeting for worthy students in financial need
- Continuing education and outreach to the scientific community about the discipline, analytical methods, and software used in genetic epidemiology through workshops and classes
- Subsidies for student subscriptions to the journal Genetic Epidemiology